Kount Standard implements our Advanced Fraud Tools while utilizing predetermined rules.
We’ve worked with Kount to determine which data points are analyzed in order to build accurate fraud scores. The specific data points and rules that we have selected can't be changed, and we keep this information hidden so that fraudsters can't figure out how to work around the system.
When you create a new transaction, we’ll send the information to Kount. They’ll analyze the transaction information using the predetermined rules, and – based on the results – the Braintree gateway will either accept or reject each request.
|Kount risk decision||Braintree action|
|Approve||Always sends to the processor|
|Decline||Always gateway rejected|
|Not Evaluated||Sends to the processor by default|
You can check a transaction's Kount risk decision on the Transaction Detail page:
- Log into the Control Panel
- Click on Transactions in the navigation bar
- Scroll to the Transaction Search section
- Define your desired parameters and click the Search button
- Click on the desired transaction ID link
- Scroll to the Advanced Fraud Tools Information section
A transaction will receive a Not Evaluated risk decision when:
- Kount takes too long to deliver a risk decision and the transaction times out
- An error occurs during the evaluation process
You can choose to gateway reject all transactions that are Not Evaluated due to a timeout. Contact us to configure this setting.