Cloning is an easy way to copy the information from an original transaction, including the payment method, so you don't have to enter it again. The only details you will need to fill out for the new transaction are:
- the transaction amount
- the CVV (optional; see Checking the CVV)
Cloning will only work if you have not stored your customer's information in the Vault—if you have, you'll need to create a new transaction from their Vault record.
Here is the full list of criteria that a transaction must meet in order to be cloned:
- The transaction was not processed through PayPal or Apple Pay
- The transaction was not created from a Vault record using a payment method token and is not associated with a customer ID
- The transaction’s status is not Processor Declined, Failed, Gateway Rejected or Settling
- Exception: Gateway rejections with Reason = Fraud can be cloned in order to override potential false positives.
Follow these steps to clone a transaction:
- Log into the Control Panel
- Search for an existing transaction
- Click on the Transaction ID
- Click Clone
- Enter the amount you want to charge for the new transaction and the CVV, if desired
- Click Create
If you have CVV rules enabled and would like to check the CVV on the cloned transaction, be sure to fill in the CVV field under Payment Information in the Control Panel. If you do not include a CVV with the cloned transaction—regardless of whether you have CVV rules enabled—we will not check the CVV.
Still have questions?
If you can’t find an answer, contact our Support team.